Final details. Working around the painting, I balanced the colors, temperatures and values to unify the whole piece. Also handled was the mist. Can't overwork clouds or mist. I used a tiny bit of translucent glazing over the finest mist and re-emphasized the small indication of the top of the water falls in the lower right.
The sun too, had to be handled carefully so as not to look "cute" or contrived. In keeping with the sun 's position, I moved it's reflections on the water to the left a little as it was not straight down like it should be.
Around the middle-ground, treetops had to look more natural and not too hard-edged.
Actually, the toughest area was the sky. It had rapid vertical color shifts, although subtle, from top down to horizon. Going from a cool blue-green-gray at the top into muted orange (which can turn green if not careful) and into the cool lavender-gray at the horizon. I varied my brush stroke direction so it did not appear like a different painting technique from the rest of the piece.
Once fully dried, I used a satin acrylic varnish using a sponge brush, moving in different directions to add depth and textural difference. After a second coat, the piece was complete!
You can notice from the final detail photos that this painting does not have much detail — simply an impression of this sunrise.